View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #138
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Brought in the new year had an awesome night and a mad view of the fireworks! :P

After this I picked up the S15 subframe and dash from a mate (thanks Pat). They both fitted in the back of the daily with the seats all folded down no probs. I cant decide whether to use this dash or go with the S13 one as I do like both for different reasons. I have the luxury of either now though. The end goal is to make a custom S13 dash from carbon but there is alot of time involved in doing that to a standard I'm happy with so I'll most probably be goin with the S15 one in the mean time.

I started working on the subframe removing all the stock nissan welding crud and excess blobbage there is everywhere on them. The end result should be a super smooth finish once its all painted up.

I also need to source some urethane diff bushes and go pickup a special tool which supposedly makes removing the subframe bushes a piece of piss.

This is the airbag assembly as is surprisingly heavy (around 8kg)

These will be replaced with the SPL offset bushes posted earlier.

This is why your better off with stock bushes instead of urethane ones. These were so stiff you had to stand on them to get the arms to move! The new setup will have all rose jointed + stock style bushes in the LCA's so binding like this shouldn't be an issue.

Top half attacked with the linager. You can see just how much crap they have on them from factory from all the shiny bits. =)

More soon!

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote