View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 01:09 AM   #944
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update: "Planning"

Whats up everyone!

Just wanted to give a bit of an update with the car. Since Everything with the car is 99% Sorted....and technically it's the "Off" season... I decided to get started planning my new Chassis Re-wire. After writing down everything I wanted in the set up... I wrote down a huge list of things I wanted to do..that would clean up the car...and make it as reliable and Robust as possible.

The past couple years being in the Pits at FD events.... it was a pretty common occurrence to see things start to fail due to heat. Using an expensive PDM to control everything would be nice....but it's not in my budget. So i'll be utilizing relays in the set up. But keeping everything sorted and well organized is also something I want to do. So I won't be actually starting the set up until I have all of the components 100% in my possession. And even then...I won't be pulling anything out of the car until the Control board and Dash is complete I won't be going too crazy on the dash. Although we could all probably spend ages making a cool custom set up. I just want the set up to be Solid and Clean. So as my Gauge Cluster set up I'll have the Following:

Race Technologies Dash 2
Possibly Innovate MTX-L Wideband
Possibly Zeitronix Ethanol Content Analyzer

The Race Technologies dash displays everything above...So technically..I don't need the wideband or the Ethanol content analyzer, so maybe i'll just leave them out of the set up to keep it simple and clean.

My HVAC panel will house:

ARC 8000 Touch Panel (8) Switches
(3) Additional Fuel Pump Switches
possibly the Innovate Wideband
a Direct port for my Lap top to the new Adaptronic Modular
and a port for my Wideband Controller in case I need to swap Wideband Sensors from Bosch 4.9 to 4.2

I've did a quick photoshop on my phone to see if I liked the set up or if I would do it differently:

And Here is a quick Wiring Schematic of sorts that I made based off of all my knowledge and experience from the track.

I'm slowly gathering parts. Still doing a bit of research on starter solenoids but it seems like the trombetta is one of the toughest ones and most widely used. Painless includes them in their kits as well.

More Updates Soon!

Stay Tuned!

#ThisistheWolf