View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #122
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Glad to see this thread is still alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
I have alpine Type X 5.25 component speakers in the front, and infinity kappa 6x4 in the rear, with an alpine 4 channel amp powering them, as well as an insigna (best buy) amp which powers 1 JL 10w3 sub, in a sealed truck box. I highly recommend you spend the dough and get alpine type X because it is their top line component speaker, and sounds way better than any other speaker, especially the mid range woofer... but buy them online say etronics.com because al and eds will rip you off. but have a pro audio shop install them, oh and get the dynamat in the doors with them, i did.
Hahahaha. HAHAHAHAHA. First of all, easy with the superlatives... "Better than any other speaker"? Negative. Better than stock? Sure.

And 5 1/4" components are the bastard children of the speaker world, like 4x6's. No one with any budget/taste runs them - they just don't play low enough, unless you also run an 8" mid (which sounds awesome with a 12" woofer tuned low, or a 15"). But then you're running full active crossovers which is uber-complicated for even experienced people.

My new setup is finished, pics of the 3-d models and specs are in the fabrication thread, but I'll link a couple pics here too ~

Specs:
- Alpine something-or-other high end headunit
- TRU Technololgy T4.100 w/BB IC upgrade
- CDT HD-6 6.5" mids in .3ft^3 sealed door boxes
- CDT TW-26 1" Silk-dome tweeter
- CDT SatNet 560i crossover (this makes all the difference)
- Soundstream SS10R Reference 10" sub in a huge (1.5ft^3) ported box, tuned to ~37hz, with an F3 of around 44Hz.
- Misc sound deadening (mostly Dynamat Extreme), not finished with that part yet.

Doors:

Trunk:

Might update the thread when I get pics of finished install (door panels on, trunk cleaned up - box is bolted in but everything else is just thrown in, etc) - also I'll grab a pic of the head unit and ipod dock.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com

Last edited by GSXRJJordan; 12-14-2008 at 01:14 AM..
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote