View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #99
240sxScores
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
240sxScores is making a name for him/her self240sxScores is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 240sxScores
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreakDrifter View Post
i would like to see lower, not slammed, but lower road race setups...............as a matter of fact how low can this setup go, without compromising roll center, and also has anyone thought of an even more efficient way to keep the springs from unseating...im tuned in
To keep the springs from unseating there's helper springs that are like only 100lbs resistance so when all the weight of the car is on the wheels the helper spring is compress but when weight is unloaded the helper spring expands and fills up the gap between spring and spring perch.

I have the front GC/Koni setup on my S13 with veilsides housings and im pretty low. You can either go really low and have good low center of gravity or sit them higher for correct roll center. Im using 6" long 2.5" ID 500# springs.

Im pretty sure though it can go super low but then you run into problems with the top of the tire hitting top of the fender well. Which im having a problem with at VIR in very heavy load high speed cornering.
Time for stiffer springs??