View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #123
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Here are some pics of all the SPL gear that turned up. Thanks to Peter from JDM Obsession. I placed the order via email, got a quote, paid the dollars and it turned up at my front door a few weeks later.
Very happy with the quality of the gear and the service!

Some photos.

Xmas came early. =)

The boxes are strictly business. No money wasted on pretty packaging.

Solid rear subframe bushings all off the gear came with detailed instructions with torque settings for things to be done up and and explaining different settings if the item has them. These solid bushes while allowing me to fit an S14/15 subframe into an S13 chassis, also allow for several different roll center adjustments. I didn't realise this when I ordered them pretty cool though!

Ball bearing knuckle bushes. Will let me bin the urethane ones I have in my knuckles now which are chronically bad for binding up. Which is quite detrimental to handling and feel.

SPL Tie rods these can be ordered to suit larger aftermarket tie rods or stock ones. They also allow me to adjust bump steer by spacing up and down the tie rod angles so the arch matches the LCA's arch better.

Rear toe arms nice and strong come with a kink in them for extra clearance on super low cars (might be useful to me further down the track)

They dont look that thick in the photos but put my finger in the shot for some scale. :P

Traction arms just to match the others. These will help tune out bump steer in the rear when everything is set up.

S14 rear camber arms again with the angle added for extra clearance and moving to a half moon style so some extra weight saving over the full moon S13 style upper arms.

Front castor rods thick as f**k! Even come with two small threads in the body of them and two small bolts to mount your brake air deflectors to them.

I'll be using all this gear along with Nismo S14 LCA's and modified stock S15 rear LCA's as my suspension arms cant wait to get it all on! =)
I cant wait to see what SPL's new adjustable LCA's look like they're not out yet though.

More soon!

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote