View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 12:10 PM   #25
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutAuto View Post
Hey I know this is an old thread but Im having some issues deciding where to run my lines as well. I have a 95 240 with a Notchtop that is stock. The pic isnt available that has the nipples numbered. Is there a way to repost it. Or could somebody/anybody please post a pic of the different nipples and where they are supposed to lead to. I have a CXRacing FMIC that has the BOV welded onto the hotpipe and I believe 3 totally different nipples on the cold side. I can post pics if i need to. Thank you very much
I'm sorry this isn't the best picture, but should help you out. It's from when I was test fitting a P11 throttle body, but has a clear view of the vacuum lines. On the S14 SR, there are two small lines on the bottom of the throttle body, but one is capped from the factory, so for now just pretend there's only one small line.

In reality, there's only 3 vacuum lines to deal with. The small line off the TB and 2 larger lines that come out of the manifold. (There's a 4th that has a short line for the fuel pressure regulator, leave that in place, don't T off it either.)

The small line (approx 1/8") on the throttle body goes over to the charcoal canister.

Directly under that are 2 larger vacuum lines (approx 1/4"). One goes to the stock BOV and has a T connector for the stock boost sensor/gauge. The other one goes over to the charcoal canister.

With the stock intercooler, the wastegate gets signal from a nipple on the intercooler piping, cold side. My Greddy FMIC instructions actually have you T into the smaller charcoal canister line for the wastegate.

So to recap, if using a FMIC and no charcoal canister: Feed the wastegate with the small line, feed BOV and boost gauge from one large line, cap the other large line.

If you start tuning/cranking up the boost, install a nipple in the IC piping closer to the wastegate. But for stock turbo boost levels, the longer line will be fine.

Stock vacuum diagram for reference:

Greddy FMIC instructions:
Shows the T for the wastegate coming from the canister vacuum line (smaller one).
Also shows the T for the BOV and stock boost gauge sensor.

LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote