View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 09:41 AM   #25
98koukile
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough
I'd suggest Ohlins, Bilstein, or Koni. Find a front setup from Japan thats made for the 240 and for the rears you can run bilsteins z32 setup on the cheap, revalve from them is somewhere in the range of like $65. If you're racing I wouldn't do the same spring rates front and rear. BMW guys do 2/3 rate in the rear but I think thats a bit in excess for our cars, a lotta guys run somewhere between that and 3/4 and are happy with it, there's just not enough in the rear to warrant such a stiff rate because if you slide and grip you can just get a nice rear bar to stiffen things up and disconnect it when you want grip

My buddy has Tein Flex coils on his RS and loves them, in case you want to go that route and just order everything at once. The EDFC is cool you can use the presets for city driving, press a button and stiffen things up for the highway, you can cancel out a lot of the bounce that way