View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #30
TheEightyNine

Trader Rating: (1)
TheEightyNine is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive decided to stick with the sohc since it will be easier to do than any other swap. Plus the sohc should be plenty for what ill need it for. A strong running reliable daily driver that i can take out to the track every so often.
So ill be buying a spare block to do a stock rebuild on.
then i plan to use a OandJ cam. Cant decide if i should go with the hydralic stage 1 (266 Duration 435 Lift) or stage 2 (270 Duration 445 Lift). I want the best bang for my buck so im tempted to go with the stage 2 but do you think ill loose alot of the bottom end tourqe with the stage 2?
Along with the rebuild and cam ill be running a 4-2-1 header, 2.25 straight exhaust and plan to relocate battery to the back and make a custom air intake in place of the battery. Once ive done all that i plan to get a tune depending on how much money i have left after everything. I know its not necessary but i wanna set it up the best i can with what i have.
Also just curious once i have the engine ready to swap should i be going with a different spark plug gap and what should i do timing wise with a setup like this? Stock?
Thanks in advance
TheEightyNine is offline   Reply With Quote