View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #22
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
That exactly.

OP> this is as much a review as a butt dyno session is representative of a car horsepower. Now dont get me wrong, this is not against you specifically, but if someone pretends to be doing a review, he/she has to make some tests, with repeatable test protocols and results.

In that aspect, your text is not a review, at best it is a description.

If you want to make a review of a spring and damper system, you need to make a spring test and a damper test. Not a "how low can they go" test. A review is about function.

Now, here is mine :

The springs are sh*t and so are the dampers. Springs are nowhere near linear ( trust me, you want linear springs to have a predictable, easy to use car), damping to rebound ratio is terrible, adjustments make too much cross bias, and any damping dyno session will show how miserable the valving is.

They suck badly, and this is exactly what to expect from a 450$ coilover set.

Sure, for driving around in a lowered car they can be enough, as these cars already have ruined handling. cant really ruin them more when roll center is 5 meters underground, and suspension is set rock hard to prevent any suspension movement that could throw the car out of the road.

But the primary function of suspension is to make the car handle, and not make the car go lower.

It comes down to this:
if you are in for form over function, they have a good money/look ratio.

If you favor function, or track you car, or drive it hard ... dont bother. The same goes for megan entry level coilovers (or teins, or any entry level coilover for that matters, tein street coilovers are terrible and only serve form)

I am severly confused on your approach towards the OP and his review of, from what it sounds like, a decent set of coilovers.

Firstly ill help you out with the first thing you confused me with. Your definition of the word review...

re·view/riˈvyo͞o/
Noun:
A formal assessment or examination of something.
Verb:
Examine or assess (something) with the possibility or intention of instituting change if necessary.
Synonyms:
noun. inspection - survey - parade - magazine - revision
verb. revise - examine - inspect - reconsider

The OP did all of this and more. Although his words were colorful, the meaning was pretty clear. The coilovers in question are good for the price. Not the best, but for 450 bucks and a years worth of time on the road, they seem to be decent.

Secondly, you were pretty quick to talk shit about these coilovers, yet against your own words, failed to provide any test much less any review or opinion, or even personal experience regarding this set. Against what the OP posted, you gave little reason to even listen to your words. It just felt like a lazy rant about something you had yet to experience or own...

All in all, im not here to bash you or the OP but to at least say. Give these some credit where its due. You have no experience with these so far and the op has a years worth. There is even a rep in this thread with multiple experiences....The op was cautious enough to even say that these weren't his first choice but more of a test so why waste your time ranting like you were.

All in all, thanks OP for your personal review.