View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #21
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with Croustibat to an extent, I get real uptight when people start making review threads without comparisons or bring forth experiences using another brand. That's like trying out a Wii only and saying it's the best without trying other game consoles.

But where we differ is this. Along with the basis of what a review is/does for a community which is to provide a performance outlook on a certain product, there are more things that people look for when purchasing coils. People want to know how low a certain brand goes because of the current trend. If having your car stupid low wasn't a thing, we'd all stick with a single spring height adjustment for each side and worry about how they feel on the street. And for most people on the hunt for coilovers, ride quality and track performance goes out door.

I agree there should be tests for these dampers/springs. And for the money, there ARE coilovers that are functional for sub-$2000 that do perform tests. PBM and Fortune Auto are examples.

So are most sub 2,000 coilovers junk? Yes. Are there some that aren't? You betcha. Are those non-sucky sub-$2000 coilovers better than the higher end brands? No.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote