View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #20
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
A good set of suspension allows your car to handle well when they fit your application,which is something most sub 2000$ coils dont do. The form of your message highly suggests you are trolling, but i will answer anyway.

Of course, when your application is "crawling around trying not to scratch the underneath too much", any coil will do.

But if your application requires the car to actually handle, then i'd say:

-coils not sold without damping / rebound dynoed, and the dyno sheet available for the customer.

-Constant spring rates (these are surprisingly not expensive though, you can get 4 custom made to your liking/ application for around 400$)

-separate adjustability for slow / fast | damping / rebound

They are not likely to be under the 2000$ price tag though.

If you want "cheap" quality suspension, better get standard struts with koni/kw dampers and custom made springs. I believe these are going to be in the 1500$ price tag. But that is already 3 times the cost of cheap coilovers, and that does not give ride height adjustability, so no wonder these sells.
So my $2,000 coilovers are junk?
I need to get $5,000 coilovers?

For what? 90% of this website daily drive their cars so I think it is unnecessary to buy any coilovers for more than $2,000, you're talking about full racing suspension that no one on here are going to use, these are street cars with the occasional track runs, not full competition F1 racing cars or nascar.

There is a major difference with coilovers you're talking about and the ones we are talking about, it's like comparing our S13 and S14 to an alcohol powered drag car, yeah the drag car is faster but you're not spending $100,000 on one to drive it on the street because it's better.
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote