View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 02:07 AM   #16
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Coilovers like these are only good for rolling around. You know, like when you need to get your car painted so you roll it onto a trailer to take it to the paint shop. But then again so are blown factory struts.
That exactly.

OP> this is as much a review as a butt dyno session is representative of a car horsepower. Now dont get me wrong, this is not against you specifically, but if someone pretends to be doing a review, he/she has to make some tests, with repeatable test protocols and results.

In that aspect, your text is not a review, at best it is a description.

If you want to make a review of a spring and damper system, you need to make a spring test and a damper test. Not a "how low can they go" test. A review is about function.

Now, here is mine :

The springs are sh*t and so are the dampers. Springs are nowhere near linear ( trust me, you want linear springs to have a predictable, easy to use car), damping to rebound ratio is terrible, adjustments make too much cross bias, and any damping dyno session will show how miserable the valving is.

They suck badly, and this is exactly what to expect from a 450$ coilover set.

Sure, for driving around in a lowered car they can be enough, as these cars already have ruined handling. cant really ruin them more when roll center is 5 meters underground, and suspension is set rock hard to prevent any suspension movement that could throw the car out of the road.

But the primary function of suspension is to make the car handle, and not make the car go lower.

It comes down to this:
if you are in for form over function, they have a good money/look ratio.

If you favor function, or track you car, or drive it hard ... dont bother. The same goes for megan entry level coilovers (or teins, or any entry level coilover for that matters, tein street coilovers are terrible and only serve form)
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote