View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #93
AJZax
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
AJZax is an unknown quantity at this point
I just built an s13 SR for 500whp for pro-am. Next season looking at hitting 550whp with response with different turbo setup. Right now, Complete tomei valvetrain with ferrea oversized valves, all the headwork to support it, twin scroll 3076 setup, blended and port matched intake and exhaust manifolds, CP 87mm 9:1 comp, eagle rods, cosworth, acl, arp everywhere.......

NOW I feel as if I should've built a KAT -_- I ALMOST did but I was scared.

KA advantages
-no rocker arms
-high flowing head (flows more like a VE head, and with headwork even more)
-super low starting costs (you can score KAs for free sometimes.. lolll literally)

SR advantages
-more options for aftermarket support
-out of the box reliability and performance
-stock SR can push out as much as the tranny can reliably. perfect. Slap on fuel and bigger turbo tune it and get some seat time

If you're going all out build I'd say KA is way to go. It's a little heavier than an SR, buuuut I think it's worth the few lbs lol.

KA needs:
-rotating assembly balanced
-cheezy rods replaced
-forced induction friendly pistons (not comrpession ratio, ring land to piston face distance)
-bigger head studs lol (for 700whp etc) (rb26 ones fit with machining from what I've seen)

Anyone wanna buy my SR so I can build a KA? lolol
I haven't even broken it in yet! haha It's got like 30 miles on it.

How much you think a built SR would sell for with xcessive z32 conversion for s14? (just curious)

BTW guy above me, I'd recommend RS-Enthalpy. KA-T guys here have great luck with them, RS-Enthalpy tunes are spot on and super cost effective. We have a guy here with a GT35 setup with lots of custom fab and he's currently switching from JWT to Enthalpy. Even had a guy switch from series 2 AEM to enthalpy. Just food for thought.

Last edited by AJZax; 07-01-2013 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: added reply
AJZax is offline   Reply With Quote