View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 08:03 PM   #11
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
300whp is definitely not the max of stock internals, that's hardly pushing them hard at all.
I've personally seen 500whp on stock rods, not sure how long that engine lasted though.
Honestly a stock bottom sr20 can and do hold up 400whp all day long, it's ALL in the proper tuning and reliable setup of the engine and supporting parts.
You aren't going to have a healthy 400hp stock bottom sr with an safc "tune". However throw in a good standalone, a proper tune, and e56-e85 for example and that thing will take all you can give it.
In my own opinion, I'd trust a healthy, unopened oem sr20 that's properly tuned at 400hp than I would some random built engine at the same power level.
However, if the engine already needs a rebuild and you insist on building it and not just throwing another good sr20 in then go for it.

I personnaly just sold my spare built engine that I've had sitting for a year because I don't want more than 400whp and my current stock sr has been in my car for over 8 years with no issues. If it goes by this point I'd feel it fulfilled it's purpose. My goal at this point is having the engine tuned with the AEM Infinity and failsafes to where I shouldn't be able to blow a stock engine up if I tried, aside from a catastrophic failure.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote