View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 01:21 AM   #4
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Trader Rating: (0)
Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
I couldn't rent a press to save my life. Also, no shops around my town had a bearing press.
No real danger, I don't think. You've got a hunk of wood evenly distributing the impact across the bearing, and you just tap it down until it stops. Make sure there isn't a gap between the bearing and teh plate that the bearing rests on. It's not precise. Just make sure it's down as far as it gets.
Rear main seal - it's behind the flywheel and engine backing plate. It's like a gasket, and they go bad and leak. I was just commenting... his tranny is really dirty and oily.
-Jeff