View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #15047
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriftbadger View Post
don't waste your time with those. They only delay the inevitable. Change them and be done with it.
I thought they basically stick a ring of solid bushing in between the subframe and the mounts, and cut the bushing out of the equation?

I just don't currently have the means to do the whole job.

STANCE Aluminum Subframe Collar Set For Nissan 240SX - Enjuku Racing Parts, LLC

It does say if your rubber is in good condition.... but why? Doesn't it entirely bridge the bushing, and effectively make it solid?

As it is, it gets in the way of everyday driving, like pulling out of a stoplight. There's a specific way the throttle and clutch have to interact, or I look like I don't know how to drive standard. So it is a probelm that needs addressing, but I don't have the space, time, or equipment to get bushings out of something as huge and heavy as a subframe.

*edit* and if those don't eleminate the bushing movement, are there any that do? It seems like it should be possible to have a collar that effectively makes it totally solid. I've also seen people talk about poly inserts that are not total replacements, and seen aluminium "inserts" that don't look to be as thick as the full bushing, but like bulkier collars without the slip-on gap. I'm up for any combination of things that will let me leave the current bushings in, but get the subframe stiffer than stock.

*edit- fuck the normal knockoff brands, how about these: https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/s...ars-nissan-s13

Last edited by mechanicalmoron; 10-02-2013 at 12:14 AM..
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote