Thread: SR IACV delete
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #4
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
Reduce clutter, one less system that can go wrong, etc. The main reason is that even with the IACV and correct settings for my TPS, throttle plate, CAS, etc. I still can't get it to idle correctly (as in below 1200 rpm). I've tried 2 different IACV units and it does the same thing so I ruled out that it's not a bad unit. Ultimately, if my car can idle at a better RPM without it, I'll deal with slight fluctuations and occasional dips.
I'd look into figuring out why your idle is high before trying to band aid it by ripping systems out. Look for vacuum leaks and make sure that your set screw on the IACV is set properly. Also verify that the car is idling at 15* (if you're running a factory ECU.).

The IACV really only needs the 1 plug to function the coolant lines aren't needed. So you're not really getting rid of a lot of clutter, you only getting rid of what keeps your idle stable and keeps you car from stalling on decel.

Also I'd bet that removing the IACV on a factory system would result in a higher surging idle. Since right now its probably operating at close to 0% duty cycle trying to lower your idle.