View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #32
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedSiBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
500 is not enough for a project like this. the first problem i see with this project is that you the engineer, are opening yourself up to the (useless) criticism from the uneducated/inexperienced zilvia community. you should not pay attention to their price requests nor should you pay attention to their design requests. you need to do what you think is best, and you need to engineer it in a way that it meets your standards, not zilvia standards. with that said, i can tell you that 500 is not enough to cover the costs AND justify the effort. simply put, you cannot build it at that price point and profit.

get a job, ya bum...! you dont even have a 240 anymore. :-)
thanks man, very appreciated...i mean we'll see, since i have access to all the equipment for tooling it might not be too expensive. it will be to my standards if i make it, plus people saying i could let people buy them and put their own headlights in. NO. Because ill sell it to some guy who does a zip tie headlight install and then some asshole will look at them and post all over the internet on how they look like crap because of that detail.

I'll probably end up making them and offering a group buy, but ultimately having to just make them for only the people willing to put up the cash.
RedSiBaron is offline   Reply With Quote