View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #114
aled
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
aled is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14pit View Post
Does any one know if a aem ems v1 box from a supra be used on a 240 with a 2jzgte?

I was told that you have to have some aftermarket ignition module from hks or greddy.
Ahh the AEM.
I used a V1 AEM EMS on my 1JZ/S14 setup. I am still using the V1 AEM EMS on my 1.5JZ/S14 setup.

Since you are referring directly to the 2JZ engine, the AEM was only made for this engine. If anyone wants to get into what needs to be done to use a 2J AEM on a 1J, I can elaborate.

Alright, so the specific AEM EMS for the 2JZ, I believe the serial number 30-1100 will be plug-n-play. You are using the same ECU plugs regardless of the chassis the engine/wiring harness is in. All that is changed for the S-Chassis adaptation is the Nissan M63 Plug.

Then, wire in whatever AEM sensors you desire:
- Wideband
- MAP sensor
- Boost Control
Wiring for these sensors is VERY straight-forward.

As for the ignition system. You can get away with running the OEM Toyota ignition coil packs/etc. Here's the issue, you need to run a very tight spark plug gap on the OEM setup/AEM. However, if you convert to say a HKS DLI, you will have a much stronger Ignition charge, and will allow a bigger spark plug gap. More spark, less chance of breakup/blowout at higher RPM.

For ~$300, USED, the HKS DLI is a great idea for anyone wanting to go aftermarket ECU/Single setup.
aled is offline   Reply With Quote