View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 08:08 AM   #144
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX View Post
horse power does a good bit, but for legitimate racing, at our track (2.2mi loop) the Honda Challenge H1 cars are just as fast at the american iron Extreme cars, 2x the horsepower easily, but the same lap times. Skill and setup wins races, only horsepower if you know how to use it. Dragracing is another story tho....
Truer words have not been spoken in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14SwimShark105 View Post
Once you break everything down and max out your driving skills, max out the tires, max out the suspension, and max out your engine, it all comes down to " HORSEPOWER WINS RACES" I am running stock kade24 with just your basic boltons with almost all suspension done and sure I can keep up with Evo's and Mini Copper S's, and Corvettes in the corners but once we hit the straight aways, I get smoked hard. And if you go head to head with a guy that has the same skill as you or maybe even a little less skill but has more power, he will beat you.

Although you could catch up to them in the corners, they will most likely gain more ground on you on the straight away than you can make up in the corners.

Trust me, I am all about corners, but there comes a certain time when you just need more power.
Are you racing for points, championships, sponsorships, or just plain ego? Why does it matter if you can past [car x] on the straight?

More power = more speed = early braking = more chances to miss brake markers = more worn out brakes/tyres = less $$$

All you need is enough power to transfer weight front to rear as necessary. Any stock car will have enough power to do this. Anything above that is only used from the apex to the corner exit. In transitions there is no exit so you cannot apply full power.

Too much power is a liability between the entry point and the apex.

I say keep the power exactly where it is. Tune the chassis and the driver.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote