View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 07:50 PM   #22137
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
I got an oil pressure gauge unit after I did an oil change, and now I want to install the oil pressure sensor but dont really want to drain all the oil since it is still pretty fresh.

Would I be able to get away with undoing the OE pressure sensor without oil spewing everywhere?

I understand I may need to wipe up around the area, but will oil start to pour out if I take the sensor out? Should I undo the oil cap before pulling the sensor out?
Wait like an hour after the engine has run for the majority of the oil to drain back into the pan. There will be some oil in the feed that will back flow out the pressure sensor hole. But, it's not a lot. You can take off the oil filter to get it out of the way and release the pressure from it's back flow preventor. Just keep it's flange upright to keep as much oil as possible in the filter. Worst case is that you dump the filter and you have to top of with a half quart.