View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 03:28 AM   #136
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
GSXRJJORDAN, can you recommend a good pair of 6x9 pickup truck speaker boxes? I just want to listen to traffic while I drive. Thanks.
Honestly, I can't. If it were me, I'd get a 6.5" MDF cutout (6x9 is such a horrible speaker) and mount it on the door, and get a set of used components to put in there. If you must go 6x9, anything will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonkyle77 View Post
i realized with my first s chassis that car audio and 240s dont match well. s14a has a wopping 4 speakers, in that bitch oversize 6.5 setup..so lame. lol
fronts are memphis audio 3 way, rears are infinity 2way. its good enough.
Lol the reason 240's don't make good sound has nothing to do with how many speakers they come with, and everything to do with it's lack of sound deadening and thin metal panels. I've got a serious challenge to get quality audio out of this car - I've got it at this point, as long as you're not driving... once you hit the road, the suspension/road noise takes over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_S13 View Post
alright, help me out GSXRJJordan.
Responded to your PM. For anyone in a similar spot, that setup is two steps above garbage - if you ever wanted *good* sound, you'd throw every single piece in the trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost_addict View Post
how does the door panel fit LOL!
Here's a pic from the top, with the door closed:

The door box barely touches the side bolster of the passenger seat (which is actually an Integra type-R seat, on custom rails and a Wedge bracket). The door panel will be cut around the box, once it's covered in vinyl (so it matches the door panel) - I'll lose the little map pockets in the doors, and the factory speaker grill, but not much else.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote