View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #110
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze

Alright, so I have been slacking- time for an update. First order of business: recent goodies!

Z32 MAF:

Outlet studs, nuts, and Poly Exhaust Hangers:

DIF Turbo Lines:

OEM Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield (will of course be painted if I keep the stock manifold):

I started working on the car tonight for the first time in a while. I thought that the studs on the exhaust manifold were broken, so I started to pull the intake and other bits to prepare for the T28 install. As I got the intake out of the way, I realized that the four bolts on the manifold had only vibrated loose, and nothing was broken. This was very good news, since I thought I needed a new manifold and would have the car off of the road for quite some time. Now I can just go buy a nut to replace the one I lost, tighten things up, and enjoy the car for the rest of the season.

I removed the carbon hood and hatch tonight. I have interest in both pieces, but haven't met with anyone to make the sales yet. I really liked the carbon and wouldn't mind at least keeping the hatch, but I have spent a lot on the new setup and it would be nice to recoup a good chunk of that. The hatch needs to be painted since it is just spray bombed, so I will probably have that done this winter.

I started working on the H4 conversion and got one of the headlights on, but the screws were rusty and stripped on the passenger side and I did not have my dremel with me, so I will have to finish that up and do the wiring later this week. I also purchased an Apexi Power FC to tune the new setup with. I think that I am going to have Monkey Wrench dial it in for me when the car is up and running, since I have heard good things about Matt from another SR 240 owner. The FC is on the way, but here is a pic the seller sent me:

[lost image]

I also got some valuable info from the previous owner this week. He told me that a Walbro 255 fuel pump is already installed, so that has been checked off of the parts list. He also said that he had the stock turbo manifold ported and coated by some place here in Michigan, so that is a lot of work and cost out of my way. I am going to check it out when I remove it to look at the craftsmanship and if it looks legit, I will paint it and reinstall it with a heat shield. If it doesn't look all that great, I will probably get a Tomei manifold.

So anyway, the car will be back on the road in a couple of days. I am going to turn the boost up to 10 (I have been running 8 since I got the car) and enjoy it for the rest of the summer. Then, the major engine bay overhaul will begin...

I will update again soon as more progress is made.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 09:42 AM..
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote