View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 09:30 PM   #1
300ztt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
300ztt is an unknown quantity at this point
408ci LSx Stroker 300zx Build

Hey everyone my names Nick Presta and i live in CT. Let me start off by saying that im creating this build thread after the swap has been completed.
Feel free to inbox me on here or DM me on instagram (@nickpresta) if you have any questions what so ever, i would be glad to help. I also have exhaust clips on my instagram of the car currently running(tuned) for those curious. I don't know how to embed videos on here so i just posted there.

Lets get started then:
I purchased the motor back on July 11th 2014. After months of debating on the ls swap and after years of headaches due to the VG30dett, i finally took the plunge.

Later that day, i crashed my cherry red 300zx while driving home in the rain from work, Hydroplaning into a pole.( the car had 71k original miles)

this was a huge setback, seeing as my car was priced by the insurance company for close to nothing. I go no money from the insurance company. I then spent the following weeks-months in trying to scavenge what i could from my wrecked car. I sold all the parts i could, and kept the parts i knew i would need. I picked up a 1991 N/A Black 2+0 300zx with 72k using the money i got from parts and a personal loan. Luckily all my suspension was good except for the passenger side coilover, and the cracked wheel.. i wont go into the part out, or my old z seeing as this is a build thread for my new z.

The car was a single owner, all stock except for Jspec tail lights and clear side markers and a TT spoiler. I was super happy with the purchase and extremely excited to begin this build i have been dreaming about for years.

Here is how the car after installing all my old suspension, wheels, front lip
I then picked up a Stillen Type 3 Lip and got it painted and i installed it onto the car. My wheels where off my old car except i had to buy a new one because the passenger side wheels cracked in half during the crash. All the wheels were curb rashed from the accident, so i went and had them fixed and powder coated.

Here is how the car after sat after installing all my old suspension and wheels.

I then started to order parts, slowly but surely, paycheck after paycheck.
The first few things i purchased was
a bare LS6 Intake manifold

LS1 TB

LS6 Rails and 28lb injectors and a LS2 timing chain, along with a new C6 Corvette water pump and harmonic balancer.

AIV and TPS sensor
A used Vengeance racing vrx5 camshaft (dont worry i upgrade all these parts in time, but i had no idea i would be doing a stroker this early on)

Dual valve springs with retainers and seals
7.400 pushrods

trunion rocker upgrade kit for the oem rockers
I dont have pics of some stuff.. but ill list them anyway.
Here is a picture of the wheels after the powercoating

Heres some more parts, OEM crank bolt, water pump gaskets, timing cover gasket and rear main seal. Along with that ls2 timing chain

I purchased LOJ Innovations 300zx ls swap kit along with a wiring specialties z32 ls chassis wiring harness.

i purchased a corvette fuel filter with some AN fittings and hoses (the plastic quick release fuel clamps were not cutting it for me) so i bought AN hose and corresponding 6an fittings.

]I was gathering parts for a very long time before actually pulling the motor in my z.

more parts
LOJ innovations oil filter relocation kit

Southbend street disc good for 575 torque

also picked up some morel 5290 hydraulic lifters

i pulled the water pump fittings out, and taped them to install a 10an and 12an fittings to run to the heater core

also purchased some hose 10an hose and 12an hose along with 150 degree elbow fittings.. Boy did i spend alot of money on AN hose and fitting during this build. Each of the AN elbows were 25$. i stripped one of them so i had to buy another. I also tried to run a 120 degree and 150 degree.. the 120 degree was not tight enough to make it under the power steering pump so i had to buy another 150 degree one.

I also picked up a LS6 Valley cover, a Catch can with corresponding AN fittings, and some Holley Fuel Rails along with some fast 36lb injectors.

i also purchased a mishimoto nissan sentra ser spec v radiator and dual fans. ( please don't buy this radiator and fan setup, it was absolute garbage and gave me cooling issues for months)

at this point i started to take the engine apart.
removed the intake manifold and valve covers to check out that valve train. Also removed the rockers, pushrods, headbolts in anticipation to see the cylinder wear of this motor with 90k. Not that it matters now, but then i didn't know i was getting a new rotating assembly in the near future haha.

so dirty ahah.

removed the oem truck manifolds

Last edited by 300ztt; 07-27-2016 at 11:23 AM..
300ztt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links