View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #10
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
My industry was heavily impacted. However no sympathy.

Government Employees are far over paid, over compensated and to numerous. Few know the true suffrage of work. To bad our political system is quickly becoming a Banana Republic with a "give the people what they want for votes" mentality.

We could honestly fire half of all the federal employees and in a years time life would be back to normal. Industry has been forced to constantly adapted and get better - the Government solution has always been "hire more people, increase the budget".
as far as "too many" people being employed by the government i cannot disagree with you. But, with that being said, i would rather have people "working" for the government and making their living than collecting unemployment and so forth. Atleast they are working. Our whole nation is so ass backwards when it comes to our economy.

As far as what crash n' burn said he is right. With the furlough effecting different areas and divisions, they are not saving any money. Jobs that should take 2 days are essentially taking 4-5 because different people are not in the office due to furlough. So with all the checks and balance systems we have, shit takes more time to get done. I just see this as more of a detriment when it comes to certain fields in are DOD and R&D areas. Just seems to counter all the decisions when it comes to cutting work days.

So in conclusion, I think cutting work hours is not the right way to go about reducing our fiscal budget. Personally i think they could save way more money restructuring the operations. for instance, I work in building management in a student program and I see on a daily basis where simple jobs are called in to outside contractors that I could do with simple research and my skills. WHY? It seems as if we spend taxpayers money on simple shit.
stevenrapids is offline   Reply With Quote