View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
200% affected by it. Both my wife and I are engineers for the Navy in Orlando. Both civil servants. Both of us lost 20% of our pay. The shitty thing about it is the Navy and Air Force said they could weather sequester and spare our jobs. SECDEF decided it would be best to "spread the love" and make all of us take a hit. From what we have been told Army couldn't foot the bills. Both my wife and I are funded via working capital funds which are funds paid by customers not by Congress etc. Our programs have informed us that we have more than enough funds to avoid anyone being furloughed and can hire plenty of people.

Its sucks plain and simple. I actually love having Fridays off but the hit to our bank account sucks. We still have our jobs which is good, and we weren't impacted to the point of not being able to make ends meet. So while we aren't as bad off as the single peeps, single mothers, college interns, low GS payscalers etc losing 40% total of your household monthly income BLOWS! We did however start planning for it by cutting most of our frivolous spending starting in May, 240sx funds excluded of course. Had we still been up in MD out at PAX we would have been hurting severely.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote