View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 08:24 PM   #60
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
s13driftnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine!

Hey Guys, Happy New Year!

Sorry for the long delay, I totally missed my deadline I set for myself, (I think it was June 2018.....) I suck! So you guys know I haven't been just sitting around with my thumb in wrong places. I actually bought a couple more 240's and have been doing a ton of side work. For those interested I bought an S13 Coupe for drifting, and a minty S14 Zenki 2 owner car for me to possibly do an epic build with later.....super thankful for an understanding wife! Speaking of wife, we are expecting a child as well, due in July....so I decided I really need to get my ass moving when it comes to building this car!

Well making a baby and buying/building customer cars isn't the only thing i've been doing over the past 8 months. I also ordered a ton of parts for my engine. I really don't want a crazy high horsepower car that requires attention all the time, If you've been paying attention I want a reliable, fun, ultimate street car. So I decided to go simple, refresh the engine in all aspects. So all of these parts are Brand New: Apexi' Headgasket, Oil Pump Cover, Water pump, ARP head studs, Timing chain, Chain Tensioner, Guides, Greddy Intake Mani, Nismo thermostat, Oil pickup, Garrett 2871r w 64ar, Tomei Poncams, ISR braided turbo lines, Drift Freaq Full Engine/Trans Mounts, Greddy Oil Pan.

So I started tearing down the engine to get the cylinder head off to the machine shop so I could spend the long weekend putting it all back together.

I was very pleased when I got the engine apart at how clean everything was and the shape it was in, she's a healthy ole girl!

Head back from the machine shop looking good.

Had to get all my goodies out and ready for their place! It's fun opening boxes and finally being able to put the pieces to use!

Time to start re-assembly, gave all the surfaces a good cleaning before applying "the right stuff grey" sealer. I could be a spokesperson for the stuff, works awesome!

I did have a minor setback with my valve cover, the one that came with the engine was freshly powdercoated white, and whoever did it sprayed media throughout the inside of it and left a bunch of residue, so not wanting to risk not being able to get it all out and running it through my nice clean engine, I found another cover. I then sent it to TRG coatings (came highly recommended through a good friend) to be powdercoated. Ford Tuxedo Black, pictures do not do it justice! I can also recommend now

Well that's all I've got for the time being, plan on getting the engine and everything installed in the next few weekends before I leave for Montana again for my annual ski trip! Thanks for cheering me on and I hope you enjoy!