Thread: Dyno faq
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #79
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilitaryman View Post
Question Steve,

Do you know any reputable tuning shops around Western NY?

Also, which would be better for tunning - AEM EMS or Nistune?

Thanks in advance for your input.

~ Kamil
Go AEM all the way. You need a standalone or EMS that can work instantly in realtime, with no near for an emulator or to burn the emulated tune back onto the actual board or hardware that is actually running the car.

Full real time tuning directly into the unit itself is my preference. So this includes, AEM, HALTECH, MOTEC. Power FC is also semi-capable of this. You just need the FC data logit (which i Prefer to the PFC software personally). You can map watch in real time and then after a pull look at RPM and AFR and go back through and fine tune every single individual cell.

IN real time with FC data logit, you just do map watch, adjust a cell and hit "WRITE" and it writes instantly, same as real time also.

The Tomei Reytech is also a good unit that I never head anyone talk about, although the resolution of the map is not amazing the unit itself is very easy and quick to tune, especially if you are using nissan based equipment, high impedence injectors, and mostly factory gear, but the plus is it operates as a map based system.

If you have to get a map base system and dont want a Haltech or AEM, I suggest the Tomei unit (if they still sell which I think they do). Otherwise stick to the tried and true Power FC L Jetro. Unit is great, really affordable and good soultions for builds with power as high at 500-550 WHP