View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #17
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
This thread should be track and turn specific. In general, you want to avoid ebrake initiations but I use it at certain tracks.

Buttonwillow Onramp 100mph 4th gear entry I used ebrake but I'll probably try a clutch kick if ever get to try it again.

HTM First judged turn 3rd gear clutch kick to ebrake extension or just straight ebrake initiation, big angle, hang it to the edge and let the car set

Balcony 3rd gear clutch kick and stay on throttle until the transition, shallow and fast

Streets of Willow Turn 1 - 4th gear 100mph entry, straight feint while open throttle but I pussed out, didn't stay on the throttle long enough, and didn't make it with the ebrake extension. I'll pull the aero off this summer when I get to try it again.

WSIR Oval - 3rd gear clutch kick to ebrake extension or 3rd gear ebrake to the edge and let the car set or 3rd gear clutch kick, off throttle and wait until the car sets

I have always relied too much on using the ebrake to get my car where I want it. It's much safer but it is slower and will hurt you in competition. I often use it on transition to set the car but it's not always best because it doesn't look as smooth. I'm fine with using it however because I like my car and don't like crashing. My car has always stayed in one piece so it's a tradeoff. I've won a few competitions and placed well at multiple tracks using all these techniques so it's not like your doomed if you use the ebrake. Just use it sparingly. There are some places where it's OK to use it like for instance FD Sonoma. Most FD drivers use it to initiate there but I believe Ueo didn't and his entry looked pretty gangster from what I remember, however he did fly kind of wide.

And lastly, avoid it as best you can when leading in tandem.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote