View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 10:59 PM   #16
canadians14sr20det

Trader Rating: (0)
canadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nice
Thanks for the input everyone.

I'm still battling this vibration issue. Since I last posted here's what I've done:

-filled motor mounts with window weld
-aligned exedy hyper single with balance marks (sent it out to shop to ensure it was balanced correct)
-ran engine without belts to rule out pulleys
-ran engine (briefly) without harmonic balancer to rule it out (holy shit that leaks a lot of oil from the front seal)

Still vibrating like crazy and my filled motor mounts are making it worse!

I even went so far as to measure the frequency of the vibration. It's occurring at 2x engine rpm. According to engineering books out there 4 cylinders should have this normal vibration as there are two spark events per crank shaft rotation. The amplitude of the vibration is way high though, which is what's driving me crazy.

Some of the books mention that a vibration at 2xRPM can be caused by two shafts being misaligned. I'm still not convinced this is my issue as it's happening with clutch pedal depressed and car in gear. Input shaft at this point should be locked and not spinning.

My next plan is gonna be to hop under the car with the motor running and run a stethoscope to the input shaft through the slave cylinder window. With the clutch in and gear engaged I should be able to tell if the input shaft is vibrating.
canadians14sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote