View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #65
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakville View Post
I hope you kept that Nismo #120 badge... doing what you said by putting it in the car on a "powered by" plaque would be legendary.
I'm looking to get a "Powered by" die cut decal made for my rad support. My sticker guy is flaking out ATM.

So, lots of stuff to report. Loving the car! I pretty much daily'ed the car from the time it left the garage. It got a lot of attention at a local Cars & Coffee. I was enjoying just driving the car. Interiors are for schmucks anyway.

Had some time to help some friends. Lots of cars passing through the garage; Maximas (brakes, pulleys, hubs), a 350Z (roof vinyl), FRS (rolled fenders, coilovers), and more.

Finally got the Fit supercharged.

Drooled over a friend's hella custom 1jZ.

But after a while I realized the 235 NT05's were way too slim for the power the car had. They got dangerous quickly and the single autocross event were the nail in their coffin.

So the car went back into the garage and I went back to work selling Z shit, ordering fancy shit, and making the car presentable. Electrical work sucks less with friends.

Sold these ($$$$)...

and these (NA 300ZX wheelset $100)...

and bought these.

Daily setup: 275/40R17 on 17x9.5 +12 V-dogg ES

Compared to stock G35 wheelset

No spacers what!

Sorry everyone! They were hella wide so I bought these...

...and went to work.

4x4 don't care.

Bought an F1Spec Carbon Kevlar reclining seat so I made this.

and threw the seat in the car. Oh yeah, I also threw the dash in with some custom holes for the Z gauges, and fabbed a mount for the Z cluster.

Lots of room in the engine bay.

Hybrid needs gas, 2forty don't.

Anyone contemplating a TSX HID projector Silvia retrofit, just DO IT. Stop debating. Pull the trigger, pay full price on eBay. My headlights are crooked and it's still a world of difference.

Tires are wide.

White wax makin the car look purdy.

Polar vortices happen. Sucks when you don't have a windshield wiper motor installed yet.

Got a halfass alignment, bought a helmet that I can autocross or downhill with

...and went racing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceDP-15OYjA
Raw link: Return of the Zephyr

Aftermath.

The car did fantastic. 6th out of 61 in raw time, 20th in PAX. First and fifth were a Kart and a Formula Vee respectively. Second went to an ESP 2012 Mustang 5.0 on 295 Rivals x4. Third went to an Evo X and fourth to a 2013 STi.

Room for improvement: I could've used more camber up front and I'm looking to get some Drifworks Knuckles for the roll center correction and to modify them to mount the 350Z Brembos in the rear. Since I still have 300ZX brakes in the rear and the 350Z ABS manifold, the ZX brakes were locking up early since they're smaller diameter calipers. I ended up using this for rotation in the corners as if my sway bar was set soft/removed or if I was running a 2-way LSD and downshifting (even though it's autocross and I didn't leave 2nd). WIth proper, even braking the car will be much more predictable and I'll be able to brake later and more aggressively.

I'd also like to pull about 200 lbs out of my car to meet my minimum of 2500LBS for an SM car at 3.5 liters, and make myself a good strut tower bar that works around the HR intake. Grippy tires on a track day wheelset would also help! Something like some 275/35R18 Rivals on 18x10.5 RPF1 maybe? So yeah, I think I can take the top spot in a year or so, LOL!!!

VQ Build Insta

Last edited by Jissan; 01-29-2014 at 08:58 PM..
Jissan is offline   Reply With Quote