View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #3
Traininvain

Trader Rating: (2)
Traininvain is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah so I just built a little better test setup -

Any air put into the compressor housing, when the outlet is blocked, immediately comes out the oil drain at . . . what seems to be the same rate I put it into the compressor housing. It holds no pressure whatsoever. I'm actually surprised it can flow that much, it acts like there is no seal there at all. The regulator on my compressor doesn't read well below 5 psi, but it does this the same at 5psi as 20psi.

It is only leaking from the oil drain (if I cover the oil drain it will try to force out the oil inlet, but that has a 3.5mm restirctor on it so it can'ta bleed off that fast). No air comes through to the exhaust housing at all or into the coolant lines

Fairly safe to say this may be why my car feels fine until about ~5psi and then completely breaks up? I'm assuming this means I'm pressurizing the crankcase almost inline with boost pressure, and its pushing that air back through the crankcase, out the T fitting, and then back down to the intake track . . . but seeing that much air come back post MAF has to disrupt the MAF readings before it I would assume.

This is 100% not normal - correct?
Traininvain is offline   Reply With Quote