View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #53
tloh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
tloh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
First of all, I dont care what they are trying to do. I care about what they are going to do. I hate feelers, and the fact that NISSAN is feeling out the community to double-check if they're able to recoup their investment is annoying. NISSAN is a huge company that spans across the globe, they need to put their big boy pants on and build a car that they think will sell and not worry so much about it being a flop. For fucks sake, ALL the parts nowadays are shared across the platform (smart move). Compare that to the 90s when there were so many unique parts for each car, no wonder they were hurting financially. But thats not the point here. The point is that this is not a 240SX or a Silvia, its a Datsun 510 spinoff.

As for taking away sales from the Z, well... thats just what happens. As a manufacturer, you cant just keep creating cars expecting the creation of one product not to effect another. But its no different than BMW with their over-saturated product line-up. Do we really need an X3, X5 and X6? These companies are just greedy and trying to fulfill each niche. Its all sales numbers and if you ask me, the 370Z is over-priced to begin with. Its a nice car, but I'll stick with straight-6 motors. And that brings me back to... OLD NISSAN.
You do realize the WHOLE POINT of them using a v6 and not a inline right?

I'm sorry you prefer it because it's easier to work on when it breaks, but with a new car stuff breaking isn't the concern.

But when dealing with a heavier car, the weight balance needs to be that much tighter with balance, because heavier the car, the touchier the turn in and feel is, if the weight is off it's harder to judge and makes for understeer rwd cars.

BUT moving the weight off the front, like a v6 does, is a different story Which is why the v6 is used putting much of the weight behind the strut towers. For..... get this.... BETTER handling!!!! omg!!!! >.>

Look up vq35 swaps in 240sx and see where the motor sits, it's a weight distribution made in heaven. BUT I know most 240 owners just want to slide there car around and into shit, and don't care about proper weight balance when it comes to driving on a track or autox.