View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #18
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
I started on that HF flux core booger box. Got it for $80 on sale, got a good mask and good wire. And I'm really glad i did it. It had a lot of limitations, IE, can't do sheet metal for shit without blowing holes through it, but it got my foot in the door and some feeling of what welding is like.

I recently went out and bought myself a miller 140, and I'm in love with the thing. Sheet is no longer a problem, nor is cleaning up booger spatter. It was about a grand for the welder, a cart, and a huge tank that i now own, not lease. And it was worth every penny.
Leetheslacker is offline   Reply With Quote