View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 10:50 PM   #56
MyblackS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
MyblackS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Small Update

I've done a few little things to the car recently. I've added a grille/finisher piece.

Its one I've had around since I did the body kit, like 10 years ago, I've put off installing it because its not exactly a direct fit. Since I may be replacing it, I didn't want to go to too much work with paint prep, so I pastidipped it black. To get it in I made some 1" square washer/spacers out of kydex to space it up about 1/4" to keep it off the bumper, then it had to provisions to attach to the upper points, so I made some little angle tabs out of some 16ga sheet aluminum, riveted them to the piece and screwed them to the headlights with square nylon snap in nuts. I still need to plastidip the brackets for a little more finished look.

I also finished wiring in the fog lights, when I did the wire tuck I set a fog light relay into the fusebox, I ended up pulling the switched power for the relay from the flip up headlight switch.

I've given the haltron fire extinguisher a temporary home attached to one of the supports for the rear seat surround plastic, where it will stay until I reinstall, the rear panels.

In the trunk I've added covers to the battery terminals and used insulated clamps to try to more cleanly route the positive cable.

I also want to make a cleaner 3rd brake light set-up that doesn't look like ET poking his head up over the back seat. I'm experimenting with some angled plastic channel and led strip lights. I have some lights from autozone that are pretty bright, but were pre-cut into two 12" strips, I'm probably going to order one 24" strip and solder in the leads myself for a cleaner install. But here's the mock-up taped into position.

I've been enjoying the car a little lately too and took some pictures with a buddy.

And made a short in car action cam video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uULwfVpZaEE