View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 02:39 AM   #17
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Trader Rating: (1)
MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Thanks.. No I've never built my own, but that would be a nice project & a good addition to this write up.

What instructions did you find? Here's two I found quickly that seem to answer the middle pipe question, plus both have parts lists.

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue
The only thing I'm stuck on is the middle pipe that connects the two pressure gauges. The only online instructions I was able to find mentioned that this middle pipe needed to have some kind of constriction in order for the second gauge to give an accurate reading?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Nixon (1st tester image ^)
The damper valve
This necessary part is merely a restriction between the regulator and the gauge. The easiest way is to plug the middle pipe with epoxy and afterward drill a 0.040" (#60 or 1mm drillbit) hole.
Here's another explanation of the middle pipe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodders.com forum
I assume the sized restriction in between the gauges the is the benchmark against which the leak(s) in the cylinder are measured. With out the sized orifice I don't think I would trust the regulator to stay consistent with varying flows. It would appear that the amount of air allowed to pass through the .040 restriction is the maximum allowable to leak past the rings,valves,etc. Any more air that is allowed to pass will show up as a pressure drop that can be measured.

Post pics of what you've got.. or what you end up with!