View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #84
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Yesterday my s13 SR power steering pump crapped out on me and since I am not a fan of hanging out the window to get enough leverage to make a left turn I looked for options to replace it with hopefully what I had sitting around in my spare parts pile. I came across a thread that had some info on it but not to much.

So the basics of it is you will need your SR power steering pump and brackets and also a ka power steering pump.

The KA power steering pump can either be from a s13 or s14 but it must be DOHC. SOHC power steering pumps will not work.

Steps

1. Remove your SR power steering pump along with tensioner bracket, you can leave the mounting bracket that connects to your motor in place.

2. Remove the pulley from both the SR pump and the KA pump, they will need to be swapped being that the KA ps pump has a much larger pulley.

The KA pump and pulley are on the left while the SR pump and pulley are on the right.

KA pump

SR Pump

Pretty much the same thing.

3. You will also need to swap over the mounting bracket from the SR pump onto the KA pump as well.

4. Install back onto you motor and enjoy power steering again.

Also make sure to use automatic transmission fluid not power steering fluid. DEX/MERC

And also, will be making my own lines for the power steering on the white car so the motor is back out so I can mess with the steering rack much easier and also do some much needed cleaning/degreassing of the motor.

Also removed all of the sound deadning/tar from the interior, except under the back seat. Wish I would have used dry ice instead of heat and a scraper. Brake cleaner worked good to help get rid of some of the chunks that were left over. Will be putting bedliner on the floor as soon as its all cleaned up.

Not much of an update I guess, just some progress.

Also went to talk with some guys about having them build me a cage for my car so I can do tandem runs next year, going to be trying to maintain as much of my interior as possible. Looking forward to that.