View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 07:54 PM   #1
LaMaR-
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
LaMaR- is an unknown quantity at this point
S13 -> FC Fun in the Sun ~Street Style~

Hey everyone, I'm far from new here but its my first time throwing a build thread on the site. I figured there are a lot of people in drifting and clean simple cars so why not share what I've been up to. If this isn't aloud please feel free to send me a message or leave a comment and I will be sure to remove the thread.

I've been into drifting for a few years now and have built a couple different cars including this S13 that I sold a couple years ago and I am now building my most recent FC RX7. The RX7 is a car that I can't get enough of and the one below is actually my 5th one and will be my most modified one to date.

Drivetrain
SR20DET Swap
Greddy FMIC
Koyo Radiator
HKS BOV
Megan Racing 3" Exhaust
S14 Welded Rear Diff

Suspension
Tein Super Drift Coilovers
PBM Solid Rack Bushings
Isis solid subframe bushings
Isis adjustable arm kit
Circuit sports rucas

Interior
Bucket Seats with Harnesses
Momo Steering wheel with hub
Greddy Boost Controller
HKS Turbo Timer
Greddy Boost Gauge
AEM Air Fuel Gauge
Oil Pressure Gauge
Volt Gauge

Exterior
17" XXR 962's

I bought this car August 17th, 2012 looking like this.

The car ran like poo, had massive 18" rims and "lowering" springs. This thing was a monster truck. Well I got the car home that night put it in the garage and immediatly left for Daytona to purchase a used set of Tein SuperDrift coilovers for a good price.

I waited a few days to install the coilovers since I was still looking for wheels and a welded differential. Three days layer August 20th, I drove to Georgia to get them. 17" XXR 962. Yes I know not baller wheels but alot better then those 18's that were previously on the car. The Differential is out of a S14 which I didnt realize till I got home. The next day I had to go order the longer diff bolts and a set of bushings from Nissan. Not a bad deal since they overnighted them for me.

The install of the parts happened a couple days later and the outcome was this. Alignments way off and I still want to adjust the height a bit.

Brought the front end down a little more but I still want it lower. It handles really well and slides very easy but still doesnt look right yet. Sorry I dont have any photos of it going sideways. Soon though

The last picture shows no cage in the car or harness bar. That is the plan but havnt had time or money to order one so its going to have to wait. I do realize the dangers of not having one during a accident when using harnesses and I am doing this at my own risk.

At some point i picked up a used Momo steering wheel and hub since the stock one was disgusting and beat to shit. Sorry for the iphone photo

At this point I had been driving the car around for a few weeks and was tired of the horrible alignment so I decided it was time to order more suspension pieces.
I went with the Isis arm kit from Enjuku along with solid rear subframe bushings and PoweredByMax solid rack bushings. This should stiffen it up alot and give me a good alignment.

Taking out the rear subframe for the first time by yourself is a pain. I will never attempt this again its deff alot easier with two people.

September sometime is when all the suspension went in, I finally get the subframe back into the car and go to bolt my coilovers in and I cant get them to fit. They dont fit with the RUCAs that I ordered. Luckly Enjuku is a good company and allowed me to return them and get Circuit sports. Thanks Enjuku. The car was off the road for atleast a week but with all the new suspension pieces it was a blast to drive.

Next came more interior. I dont have any great photos of it installed yet but I will get some soon. I got tired of the stock 90's grey cloth and wanted something nicer/cleaner. I found this material at Joanns fabric and it worked awesome

Here are those shots from today unedited cause im no photographer although I do want to learn..

Well the headgasket blew in the KA and its been sitting for a few weeks but I picked my self up a killer Black friday deal...

SR20DET swap

We are pulling the ka and cleaning my bay this week and then saturday we should be pulling the sr and putting it in my hatch... December 15th is my first legitimate drift event so I will have some sideways photos/videos then

For the second part of this update the SR swap is complete and running amazing. My buddy Brandon and I pulled the KA in the middle of the week and then saturday we decided to pull everything from the black car and put it into my red hatch.

Pulling:

Out:

Although we did run into a issue with it running properly. It would start but barely idle and when you stepped on the gas it wouldnt go at all. Anything past 1/8th throttle would kill it. After trouble shooting for a couple hours I gave up and came back to it sunday. Im not sure what it was but I ended up checking the fuel pump in my car and the black car. Mine was stock and the black car has a walbro 255 in it. Swapped them quick and bam it ran like a beast. Although I dont have any photos of the initial swap I do have these. This past weekend I started a wire tuck so that I could prepare to tub my front end. The last photo shows one reason that I want to tub this car lol.

Bought these wheels as drift spares.. Cant wait for the 16th

Last edited by LaMaR-; 08-20-2016 at 11:16 AM..
LaMaR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links