View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 07:26 PM   #26
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
What killed the rod bearings? Was the engine a dud when you bought it?

Why are you using a small cam and stock 241 heads on top of that wonderful forged rotating assembly? Why not just grind the crank and replace the rod bearings on your old rods?

Have you noticed a huge difference with the heat shielding on the trans tunnel? I could cook breakfast on my trans tunnel and I'm in need of some ideas to fix it.

Doesn't take you long to get things done! Looking forward to seeing your progress. Looks good!
The motor got starved from oil, plus being at 100k mileage already I decided to rebuild it. I got another crank and had it polished, went 0.10” over. The reason for going forged was having a buddy who a customer backed out on his purchase so I got these for a steal. The motor hasn’t been tuned yet, still dialing it in with cooling. In regards to the trans tunnel it’s been night and day, the DEI shielding has been great. The passenger compartment stays relatively cool so it’s definitely worth it if you’re thinking to reduce heat.