View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 11:22 AM   #4
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
Thanks for the input :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
Imo do not use stainless...it usually stretches unless it's a high rated bolt...your bolts don't look to bad to me, maybe a wire wheel on them should clean them up as long as they are not rounded. The titanium sounds amazing, I do not have much experience with that but hear it's nice...
I did put a wire wheel to them, but the threads are stretched from being torqued so many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash9000 View Post
When I built my rearend I put the baller bolts in. Probably overkill, but they were really nice to work with. I really liked the 12 pt heads. No fear of stripping those out because they fit the socket so perfectly. Why do you have that priced so high? A google conversion of the price puts it at $180 AUD + shipping for the rear kit. Are you planning on replacing every bolt on the car?

I wouldn't use cap head screws. Even big ones are amazingly easy to strip out.
Every suspension bolt would get replaced yeah, along with others for major component mounts. Currently it's a mix and match of whatever fit and none of the bolt grades or threads are consistent anywhere on the car.

I was thinking cap head because I use them at work (I'm a Diesel Fitter) on hydraulic excavators for all high pressure lines (M20 x 150 12.9 grade) and I've never stripped one even with huge pipes on the Allen keys. Generally you snap the key first.

I think I might go for the ballerbolts option. At least everyone seems to use them without issue. Cheers!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk