View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 03:42 PM   #99
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by svensko View Post
How am I spouting off crap? He brought up the muscle car agrument. Even Koopa agrees with me that it will die off. Yes, the 240SX is a nice car. However, it's not the only RWD coupe on the market. There's nothing 'special' about it that really stands out.

Nope, no half assing here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=172360
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=172402
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=172306

This thread reminds me of a thread that was on another (general) car forum about which cars of today will reach collector status. It got to the point where people started naming off mid-90s Pontiacs since they were "rare colors".
See, Sven... You're problem is that you have an opinion here, and that opinion would be more valid if you just said it, then shut the fuck up... You're lack of anything that would make anyone with even an average level of intellect continue to read or even TRY to approach you in a positive manner is why so many people seem to be picking on you... See, I can agree with you on the IDEA that the 240SX will not be a collector's car, but you're REASONING is where it all gets fucked up. What is sad is that it is not ALL of your reasoning that turns it sour. I mean, to take the lowest denominator of a group of cars and use them as support for your idea is a failure, as they represent but a microcosm of the whole of the community that will exist when this discussion comes to fruition to be proved/disproved. Shit, that small fraction doesn't even apply to everyone with them now.
You're generalizing, not all 240SX owners half-ass their cars, some of us modify SUPER slowly so as to get it right the first time. On the other side of that, not all owners of the cars that are CURRENTLY collectors did their cars right, thusly upping what makes them collectors and enhancing the value of the ones that are not done right.
What we're seeing now is magazines, movies and other media outlets influencing children, who will go out and thin the numbers of available cars/parts that will be available in 5/10/20 years. Does this sound familiar? Why is my neighbor having such a shitty time finding parts for his all-original 68 Z28? Because he REFUSES to bastardize the integrity/value of the car, even though he will never sell it. Yes, I can draw a parallel to that car and my coupe sitting out in front of my house, but for a car being sustained on modifiability, such a comparison is silly to make.
Please stop and think before you post, you JUST might see the number of red squares below your name go down a little.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote