View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #72
red s14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
red s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=steve shadows;1408014]they are both t28 housings and both gt turbine wheels of the same spec. iirc

If what you guys are saying is true about the housing just being internally gated and the compressor housing size and design.

The other difference is the compressor housing side. One beng to4b (not bolt on version) and one being a t25 style with triangle outlet flange.

HP diff? Turbine housing size and AR and will make the biggest difference overall, if they are both the same I cant seeing the volume or displacement of the compressor housing making a huge difference in numbers with the same compressor wheel, but i suppose lag might be slightly slighly reduced by the smaller t25 style bolt up design.

The to4b compressor housing could (theoretically) allow more shoulder room to the large crammed compressor wheel in overall output. It's a great question to ask someone who works for garrett or whos sharper with fluid dynamics.

reds14-i firured it was the same maybe spool time was diff. thats about it.

update guys! got rid of my old setup....going with sc61, 38mm wastegate, 810cc inj, ect!

The 2871R was an awesome turbo for me, but for some reason I decided I want more power lol..Its a sickness06-08-2007 02:42 AM

reds14-damn man is your turbo the gt-rs style or old style. your should bad ass like its not already. good luck.
red s14 is offline   Reply With Quote