View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #7
frsh2fourty

Trader Rating: (0)
frsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura aboutfrsh2fourty has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to frsh2fourty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro240 View Post
The Blitz SS I have on my S13 has been problematic to say the least. Originally when I got it, it wouldn't open. Finally got it working & worked fine for years. Then outta nowhere it intermittently started leaking as it wouldn't seal properly sometimes after opening. Then it got the point it wouldn't seal period. So I had no choice but to re-circulate it.

Don't use Brake Cleaner or a Cigarette... Get a propane torch and turn the gas on. Move it all over the BOV & even stick the end of the torch right into the BOV exit to force propane in & see if the idle changes.

Lack of re-circulation was never an issue for me. Idled fine as long as the damn BOV closed & sealed properly.
Makes sense, I'll give it a shot.

The BOV did come with the swap and I have no idea how long the PO had it before that so it could just be pretty old. It would be super odd if it just happened to fail completely right after I fixed the other stuff though.
frsh2fourty is offline   Reply With Quote