View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
S13 trying to kill me - not alignment related

Hi guys,
i got a general problem with my s13. It keeps on being quite unstable, and it is driving me crazy. The steering just goes somewhat randomly left or right and i cant see what it is.

I fist changed all arms except lower arms, and had it aligned, by someone i trust, and he really made a great job. Got a very neutral alignment which suited me (needed more front camber though)

Then I changed *every* suspension arm on the car, again, with rose/ball joints instead of PU bushes. These are crap BTW, 2 rose joints seized and 1 developped play ... in less than 60 miles. I so love these emusa products ... They were shitty items, had to redo most welds, tappers were not the correct ones, misalignment spacers were at best oval with a lot of play ... never again.

Anyway ...

I changed the front brake discs. I changed the steering column disc for a metal one. i changed steering rack bushes for PU ones. I changed knuckes, i changed wheels (second hand + new tyres).

The car feels like going left / right all the time, but not as regularly as would happen with some warped disc. It is random. It will try to veer left for a second, then it "snaps" and want to go the other way for half a sec, then again the other way. It looks like something is loose somewhere in my front suspension, but i cant find what it is.

It does it even more when braking, which makes me think it is front related, and specifically steering rack related.

Which is why i checked my steering rack today. It has absolutely no play.

And now i am totally out of ideas. Anyone ?
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links