View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #6
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Can't vote multiple times so I figured I'd post.

S14's dash had a spot when I first got the car, not true cracks as much as a nickel sized dimple where the dash had started to peel or something... Pulled the dash out of the car once, and that original spot turned into a 6" long crack or so, and second crack developed about 3-4 months later.

S13's original HUD dash was cracked to hell and back, and have a non-cracked black Dash that I've been holding onto for ~4 years now, all storage has been out of the elements for at least 6-7 years. (Guy I bought it from had it in storage for at least 3 years prior to me buying it)...

My first S13 also had an uncracked dash in 2008-2009, no idea if it's cracked since then, but as far as I could tell, it was in fairly good shape with no signs that it would crack anytime soon.

From what I've gathered, cars that have had more UV exposure / interior temperature cycling are obviously more likely to have cracked dashes. If the dash is in a car and currently uncracked, it's very likely that removing the dash without proper tools and care will cause some cracks to develop.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote