View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
street_sleeper
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
street_sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
s14 S14 Sunroof Trim On Going Problems

SO I have been doing a lot of research in my spare time over the years and finally am in a position to make the move to possibly make this happen. Many people have talked to companies that "may" make the ever elusive trim piece that Nissan "never" made for separate sale from the sunroof bc it comes as a whole unit. I have confirmed with a local company here in Austin TX that they are willing to take on the challenge of remaking this god like piece of freaking fiberglass trim.

After R&D is complete I will report back and continue to update this thread. The rubber weather stripping is still available for sale through Nissan (thank goodness). So, once the mold is made (that's the expensive part) and we test it out here locally for a few weeks (stress test, weather test and so on) I will bring back hopefully positive results and have a drop in solution.

I plan on selling a kit (sunroof trim, weatherstripping, adhesive and install instructions) along with a YouTube how to. I know many people have tried their hand at this but I am going to give it my best along with a semi well know drifter in PRO2. If all goes well, we will finally have the solution to the on going problem.
street_sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links