View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 01:41 AM   #1407
juggernaut1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
juggernaut1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
See that's exactly how I understand it as well, but I would assume that being it's the turbo itself 'creating' the compressed air, that you'd want to vent it as near as the source as you can (much like how anti surge housings are done on the inlet). Either way, I'm not suare either, but would love to know 'proper' setups ya know?

I guess ultimately it shouldn't make much a difference so long as there is one. I think another 'ultimate' factor also boils down to 'placement' and the sort. For me, the hotpipe works perfect as for recirculate it's only a 4" distance to the intake
There a couple od schools of thought on this:

Firstly - placing the bov on the cold side means its closer to the vacuum signal and therefore the vacuum line is shorter ...making the bov more responsive to a closed throttle position.

Secondly - placing the BOV at the closest point to the throttle plate means the momentum of the air post the turbo and through the intercooler /piping system is not disturbed until the latest point.....at which point when the throttle plate is reopened the momentum repressurise the plenum at a faster rate as it doesn't require the turbo to repressurise the entire intercooler system in the case where the bov is located on the hot side.
juggernaut1 is offline   Reply With Quote