View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #601
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Nice! A few friends of mine are pilots. As soon as i get the free time, and my daughter is a little more grown,,, i am going to start training for my fixed wing license. One of my buddies has a Cirrus. The ones with the emergency parachute. Sweet plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX View Post
Just got back from IL. I was at the ITR Expo '09 at the lovely Autobahn Country Club south race track.

the track was fun, took about 3 sessions to really get some good laps down and then start to tweak specific corners for more speed. Slowly started picking up more and more speed in several corners when i severely flat spotted one of my already worn hoosiers. i mean through the corns down to the metal strands, it was nice. Luckily i come prepared with another set of wheel/tires and get the on the car and adjust the pressures accordingly. Go out for one hell of a session without the camera thinking i would put it in for my last session since that was with instructor/advanced combined and i would roll some serious honda's. Well i fried a front rotor because i went down to the rivets of my front RH pads, awesome right? days over, done for the event, only missed one session. Only 2 cars in my group i couldnt keep up with, a K20 powered CRX (245whp and 1800lbs wet), and a 350whp turbo RSX driven by some ex grand-am dusche. Was a great experience pushing the car harder and learning a new track while still trying to go fast.

wish i had gotten some video, would have been absolutely nasty to watch.

started getting my front wheel wobble back. I thin its time to change to non OEM front tension arms, make a fake power brace for the tension arm brackets. and buy the AL steering rack bushings. All that should fix the problem, and if not then i have some serious shit going on.
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links