View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #42
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^That's the beauty of the IDX concepts! They feature removable/interchangeable body panels, aero & headlights to create your own custom style, just like we already do on our S-chassis. That's why the concepts look like hodgepodges of different cars cobbled together. You can make them as mild or wild as you want... from the factory! OEM fit & finish with a warranty!

It's like Nissan looked through the Wheel Fitment Thread for trends or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomviillain View Post
I know numbers aren't set in stone right now but what are we looking at in weight?
Around the same as an S14 from what I remember reading, running their existing 1.6L turbo engine & priced to compete with the FRS.

This engine makes 197hp in the Nismo Juke on a dinky T20 turbo. But they also debuted a Nismo Sentra running the same engine but making 240hp. I'd love to see 197hp in the IDX Freeflow and 240hp in the Nismo IDX.

Apparently, Nissan is still using bolt-on turbos in the Juke instead of integrated manifolds, which is great, IMO. But the flange is a proprietory design, so there might be a problem sourcing bolt-on turbos that fit. Which shouldn't be much of a problem once this engine goes into a car the aftermarket actually gives a fuck about.