Old 01-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #73
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Sorry lol.... valve cover is closed... haha I need to pull that thing off again and all the trouble.... Pain in the ass you know.... But basically its drilling a series of holes in the baffling that is already there....

Luke can do all that stuff for you and has a beadblaster... PM him as this is a tech thread not a sales thread..... Blu808 is his name welding is his game
Ok cool, sorry about that. I just got too excited. Haha. I hate it when people do what I just did so Im a hippocrate lol.
Anyways, I would really like to wait to get the pics of the baffaling when possible. This honestly seems like something I can handle and the main reason I showed interest in paying for this was because I didnt know if there was going to be seceracy.

On a side note, how are the hoses holding up for you? Are they reinforced? I had issues with BAD blow by once and we couldnt figure it out and one day we were screwing around on a dyno and I saw the problem. The heat from the turbo mani was causing the hoses to weaken and the scution from the turbo inlet caused the hoses to collaps and then pressure to build up on the engine side of the hose. That told me that the turbo sucked out more air than the blow by produced. I shot the dipstick out too and the e85 vapor ignited! E85 guys have to take extra precautions with blow by and crank case ventelation because our fuel turns into a vapor the second its expelled from the injectors and introduced to the heat of the intake manifold and head.
Here is how I modified my dipstick

I posted these pics because it shows what I have done more easially. Right after the picture was taken I cleaned it up with a file and painted it flat black. Now it looks as if it were factory. You can unscrew the top due to the washer and can still insert your dipstick as you would normally, either just to check oil or to drive around with all day and then just cap it off on a track day. I keep mine capped up because I didnt think a whole lot about it the first time I heard how easy it is to get an engine fire due to the e85 vapor escaping but I take caution at all times now. And that is why Im interested in this valve cover modification now.

Side note, here is the modified dipstick installed.

4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote